Vivica A. Fox Talks Candidly on Not Having Children: I Do Not Feel Less Fulfilled as a Woman

57-year-old actress Vivica Anjanetta Fox, shortly named Vivica A. Fox, does not have any biological children.

In a recent event, the television personality got candid with her fans about her personal life and opened up about her not having any children.

She stated that not giving birth to a baby didn’t mean she was not a mother, while revealing she was a mother to six godchildren.

Fox then shared her godchildren fulfilled her as if they were her own — and because of that, she never felt alone or “less fulfilled as a woman.”

However, it was not her intention to never bear a baby. 

During the interaction, the Missing star revealed that even though she wanted a baby of her own, she never found a man with whom she felt comfortable having children.

Vivica A. Fox’s Biggest Regret Is Not Having Children

In several instances, Fox has expressed her sadness over not having children, stating it as one of her biggest regrets in her life.

Earlier this year in June, when she spoke on VladTV, she admitted the fact and talked about the reason behind it.

She stated that she had a very busy work schedule during her reproductive years, which kept her from having her kids. In addition to that, she said she also didn’t find the right guy to have babies with.

Meanwhile, the Independence Day actress also said that she would not fully consider it as a regret, as she had the company of great godchildren and felt like having children.

Vivica A. Fox has six godchildren and I know that’s going to be my life too 😂 — Dee (@deeandraee) July 17, 2021

“To be honest with you, my godchildren saved my life when I didn’t have children and I was kind of getting sad about it,” she explained. 

She continued to say, “the love that they gave me when I hear giggles and the smiles and the hugs...They love me for me — it’s not the hair, it’s not the makeup, it’s not...They love who I am and that means a lot to me.”

Vivica A. Fox Felt Incomplete on the Red Carpet

In another instance, Fox chatted with Oprah on Oprah: Where Are They Now? back in October 2014. At the time, she recalled a moment when she felt incomplete because she didn’t have children.

She shared that she saw actress Halle Berry with her newborn daughter Nahla when she was walking on the red carpet at the Essence [Black Women in Hollywood] Luncheon.

“‘Wow she so beautiful,” Fox told Berry.

Vivica A. Fox with one of her godchildren. (Source: YouTube)

Berry later replied, “Vivica, if I knew then what I know now, I would’ve had five of them.”

“The joy I see in her eyes is just like no other high that I’ve ever experienced,” Fox then told Oprah, sharing it was an experience she wished she could have felt for herself.

“I don’t get to see my eyes in a child,” she added. “I think that’s something I’ll miss.”

Vivica A. Fox Was Once Married to a Husband

While Fox talks about not finding an ideal man, it is not that she was never married to a husband.

She was previously married to Christopher “Sixx-Nine” Harvest from December 1998 to 2002. But she said in an interview with VladTV that she tied the knot in a hurry to get a fairytale wedding.

However, things didn’t go as she wished for in her marriage. Hence, she ended the marriage pretty soon.

ncG1vNJzZmign6G5usPOqJummaOge6S7zGinaK6Zq7akrYyaZJ%2BnqGKwqbXLnamepl6dwa64